1. the long, elegant, light blue robe and background - represents understanding and attainment of a peaceful, intuitive life. It is time to rely on intuition rather than logic because hidden influences are at work; the unconscious mind and intuition as opposed to conscious reasoning. It is to recall the vastness of potential and remember the unlimited possibilities. The opening up to what can be, looking beyond the obvious while sensing the secret and hidden.
2. a vestment of flowing fabric behind her - being free from all excess
3. fonds with pointed leaves - male principle
4. pomegranates - the female aspect the fruitfulness of reproduction
5. a thick black pillar with the capital B (Boaz) to her left and a thick, white pillar with a capital J (Jachin) to her right, stand solid. The black pillar, the negation of activity, infers darkness, female intuition, and sacred knowledge. The white pillar, the positive aspects of life, polarity of darkness, established the principle inherent to all things light .
6. the hem of her gown cascades over a crescent moon which represents the stream of consciousness from the unknown. A new beginning.
7. the yellow floor her intellect, knowledge and communication which are built on firm foundations.
8. she partly covers the Tora-Rota with her right hand, which indicates hidden knowledge. Her actions symbolize the information given is not for all eyes to see.
9. on the center of her chest is a Solar Cross with equal arms - the vertical distinguishes female energy and the horizontal the male energy, or the union with Goddess and God - female and male. This is the union of negative and positive elements of the four quarters and femine and masculine energies. The polarity matter and earth balance signifies re-birth and reproduction.
10. the rich band worn on her head shows two crescent moons on the side of a full moon and a veil covers the mysteries of her brain. The waning and waxing of the moon, with a full moon in the middle, represents cycles and her intuition. The ability of knowing is applied, good or bad.
The High Priestess pose a challenge for one to go deeper within themselves and look beyond the obvious. There are things that are hidden and obscure in the situation.
In the Tarot deck she symbolizes the law of inherent wisdom. The card represents intuitive, often hidden knowledge linked to the moon. In a reading the High Priestess represents having faith in power of ones own intuition and inner knowledge to gain wisdom to move forward.
The High Priestess indicates it is time to rely on intuition as oppose to conscious reasoning. It is time to recall the vastness of potential and remember the unlimited possibilities. It's opening up to what can be, looking beyond the obvious while sensing the secret and hidden.
The High Priestess withdrawls from involvement and allows events to proceed without intervention. She becomes calm and passive while she waits patiently, aware of a larger reality. She trusts her inner voice as she opens to the unknown. The High Priestess looks beyond the obvious surface situation and knows what's hidden and obscure then applies her wisdom.
The scroll she holds in her hand is the memory we all carry within us of our past, present and future.
The key words for the High Priestess are "I know." KNOW YOURSELF WELL ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND YOUR SHORTCOMINGS. HONESTY ASSESS WEAKNESS. EXPLORE. MORAL BRAVADO-GENEROUS, EGO GRATIFICATION - DECEPTION.
Wisdom is having or showing good judgements. It is about being sensible, sound, prudent, and aware of what is going on around you. Knowledge is something learned and kept in the mind. It is an understanding gained by actual experience and a clear perception of the truth. Knowledge is being informed and wisdom is accumulated learning. Wisdom is the realization through knowledge and experience, that what is of concern today may not be as important tomorrow. Through life's joys and tribulations become an authority over self.
Each experience contains a lesson for growth. When we make wrong choice for ourselves and we stand at the threshold of a similar choice, the situation can be improved when wisdom is applied. When a different choice is applied - one experiences a different outcome.
KNOWLEDGE IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF WISDOM. REAL WISDOM IS THE KNOWLEDGE OF DIVINE WILL. SOMETHING GREATER THAN SELF IS ALWAYS AT WORK. WITHIN, THERE ARE ONE OR MORE SPIRITUAL GIFTS, SOMETHING TO APPLY.
DO NOT USE KNOWLEDGE FOR SELFISH ADVANTAGE. BE OF SERVICE TO ALL MANKIND. FOR YOU ARE GIFTED AS AN INDIVIDUAL. YOU KNOW NOT TO BECOME THAT WHICH YOU DISLIKE.