Please take the time to check out http://princesssarahg.blogspot.ca/
under the Team Member Reviews tab to read two reviews for my paranormal, magic realism book Severed Ties.
Thank you Kami and Christy for your kind words :)
FAE BOOKS - Publicist, Blogger, Reviewing Team
@FaeBooks Wishing you the joys of spring!
At last! On the Edge, originally published by Club Lighthouse Publishing in May 2010 has been completely revised. Now titled "AT THE EDGE."
This week I posted an exclusive excerpt for my readers to get glimpse of the YA, magic realism, paranormal book. I'm leaving this excerpt up for only a few days, and then will be taking the read down. I'm excited to search for aYA book publisher to discover the best home for the new and improved story.
About the Book "AT THE EDGE," - Real people developing relationships; while Carm is struggling to pick up the pieces after the death of her husband.
Two Quick Questions - 1. How important is it to you to create likeable characters?
I portray the characters inner characteristics and emotions as they struggle with issues of their own. The characters are realistic that the readers will believe. Tough and practical Paige takes command; Roxy under a watchful eye intimidates; always helpful Lizzy goes with the flow and Carm is consumed with sorrow and mental anguish. Gretchen, a witch is a welcome relief from life's pressures. To add support and conflict to the story are Thomas a friend everyone wants to deserve and Philip is certainly not safe to trust.
2. What do you most hope that readers will take away from the book?
In this book I provide a unique insight into the drug world and mysticism – addiction and the belief that direct knowledge of ultimate reality is attainable through intuition and the unseen world. I hope the reader will begin to believe if you change your choices while guided by Spirit you can change your life for the better.
Stop bt http://Witchskel.wordpress.com to read an EXCLUSIVE excerpt. Remember to forward this to your friends...so they too can check it out!
Smile and the world Smiles with you!
Spring begins with the vernal equinox at 7:02 A.M. (EDT) on March 20, 2013 in the Northern Hemisphere. Ah, spring! This season brings increasing daylight, warming temperatures, and the rebirth of flora and fauna.
Spring arrives this week, opening up a world of new possibilities. The Sun entering Aries on Wednesday heralds the Vernal Equinox, followed by Venus entering Aries on Thursday. These fiery influences team up with Mars and Uranus in Aries to ignite your passion, motivation and individuality, which will likely influence your love
Equinox Means "Equal Night"
Translated literally equinox, means "equal night." Because the Sun is positioned above the equator, day and night are about equal in length all over the world during the equinoxes. A second equinox occurs each year on Sept. 22 or 23; in 2013, it will be on Sept. 22 at 4:44 P.M. EDT. This date will mark the autumnal equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and the vernal equinox in the Southern (vernal denotes "spring").
Did you know we all have a Protective Tree? It’s a gift to you from Nature, and you can use it to recharge your energy, improve your life, stay in good health, and remain mentally agile to a ripe old age. How? Well, the answer to that question is all the more relevant today, because of our global awareness of the importance of ecology, which has forced us to take another look at our priorities.
You can determine what tree is associated with you personally by using Celtic astrology, and your date-of-birth. Below you’ll find a list of dates, and the trees associated with them. Look for your own special tree, as well as those of your family and friends. It’s fun, especially when you start discovering more about your tree’s special powers.
- Date-of-birth between December 23 and January 1, or between June 25 and July 4. Your protective tree is the Apple.
- Date-of-birth between January 2 and January 11, or between July 5 and 14.
Your protective tree is the Fir.
- Date-of-birth between January 12 and January 24, or between July 15 and July 25. Your protective tree is the Elm.
- Date-of-birth between January 25 and February 3, or between July 26 and August 4. Your protective tree is the Cypress.
- Date-of-birth between February 4 and February 8, May 1 and May 14, or between August 5 to August 13. Your protective tree is the Poplar.
- Date-of-birth between February 9 and February 18, or between August 14 to August 23. Your protective tree is the Cedar.
- Date-of-birth between February 19 and February 28, or between August 24 to September 2. Your protective tree is the Pine.
- Date-of-birth between March 1 and March 10, or between September 3 to September 12. Your protective tree is the White Willow.
- Date-of-birth between March 11 and March 20, or between September 13 to September 22. Your protective tree is the Linden.
- Date-of-birth between March 22 and March 31, or between September 24 to October 3. Your protective tree is the Hazel.
- Date-of-birth between April 1 and April 10, or between October 4 to October 13. Your protective tree is the Sorb.
- Date-of-birth between April 11 and April 20, or between October 14 to October 23. Your protective tree is the Maple.
- Date-of-birth between April 21 and April 30, or between October 24 to November 11. Your protective tree is the Walnut.
- Date-of-birth between May 15 and May 24, or between November 12 to November 21. Your protective tree is the Chestnut.
- Date-of-birth between May 25 and June 3, or between November 22 and December 1. Your protective tree is the Ash.
- Date-of-birth between June 4 and June 13, or between December 2 to December 11. Your protective tree is the Elm.
- Date-of-birth between June 14 and June 23, or between December 12 to December 21. Your protective tree is the Fig.
- Date-of-birth is March 21. Your protective tree is the Oak.
- Date-of-birth is June 24. Your protective tree is the Birch.
- Date-of-birth is September 23. Your protective tree is the Olive.
- Date-of-birth is December 22. Your protective tree is the Beech.
Two important points:
1. These dates are not chronological, but are determined through the application of Celtic astrology and the Celtic calendar, which is different from our own.
2. If your corresponding tree doesn’t grow anywhere near where you live, you don’t need to move! Simply walk through a forest, and find a tree you are particularly drawn to. It may not be ideal, but it will do just fine.
How To Communicate With Your Protective Tree
- When you determine what your Protective Tree is, locate one and walk towards it. Look to see if there are other trees of the same species growing nearby. If so, walk in a circle around them.
- Stand about 50 cm (25 inches) in front of your favorite Protective Tree, which we’ll call your Master Tree. Let your arms hang down by your sides.
- Relax your mind and body as much as possible. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Try to feel the energy of your Master Tree.
- Take a step closer and put your arms around it.
- Keep your eyes closed and your mind open to everything you feel.
- Your mind and body should be completely relaxed.
If they aren’t, wait until it happens, otherwise you won’t benefit from the beneficial purifying powers of your Master Tree.
- The first time you do it, you can just enjoy the feeling of well-being that comes over you, and let your thoughts wander.
- During subsequent contacts, you can ask a specific question, or request that a wish of yours be granted, like becoming rich, regaining your health, finding true love, or whatever else you desire.
- Keep your arms around your Master Tree for as long as you want. The important thing is that you feel relaxed and well.
- When you feel ready, let go of your Master Tree, and thank it for helping make your wishes come true.
Effects of the Ceremony
This powerful Shamanic ritual has been used in many traditions around the world since the dawn of time. It’s bound to yield results, if only to make you feel better and more positive.
What happens next will depend on your attitude. Try to sustain the mental vitality and physical strength the ritual endows you with, and use it to improve your day-to-day life.
Perform this Magic Tree Ceremony regularly, and it will eventually bring you what you seek. The tree won’t grant your wishes, but will attract the energy of Luck you need to make them a reality.http://tara-medium.com
No matter what kind of life you have, you behave according to principles you developed over time, or were taught in childhood. But you should keep asking yourself one question: Is the way I am pursuing my life going to bring me happiness? How can I know? And, more importantly, how can I change the course of my life, if necessary? Below you’ll find some key points for doing just that.
Pursuuing an interest in your personal development means developing a stronger mind, more willpower, more self-confidence, and original ideas for earning more money, improving your life, and making all your dreams a reality.
When you look at methods of personal development, you see that the possibilities they offer are usually linked to a higher force which assumes different names, depending on the tradition or culture it comes from: God, Allah, Yahweh, Nirvana, the Clear Light, the great Architect of the Universe, Astral Powers, Cosmic forces, and so on.
Can A Spiritual Path Bring You Happiness?
All these methods, which are highly respected around the world, offer ways for you to connect, either directly or not, with what I call the Higher Power.
You can contact this Higher Power through prayer, meditation, trance, invocation, clairvoyance, or magic rituals.
Each person must find his or her own path. And yet, it often happens that people’s lives don’t improve, and they don’t find happiness, even though they’ve followed a spiritual tradition.
It takes time to change your state-of-mind, and get rid of the mental and spiritual blocks preventing you from being wealthy, experiencing true love, and seeing your wishes become reality.
People sometimes waste month, years, or even a whole lifetime following a path that doesn’t really suit them.
The important thing isn’t to know whether a path is right for you, but whether you are right for the path. In other words, are you going to attain happiness if you continue to follow it?
Instead of asking that question, people often feel guilty and blame themselves when things go wrong. It’s not the path that’s at fault, it’s their own shortcomings.
When someone embarks on a spiritual path, it’s because the path attracts them by offering what they’re looking for, in terms of answers to questions about the meaning of life, and the kind of training it offers. In the beginning, all paths seem perfect.
That’s because we tend to idealize our spiritual calling, and forget that nothing in life is perfect, that any given ‘method’ has its faults, and may not correspond to our needs at some point in time.
Some people struggle their whole lives, with all their strength, but never take the time to find out if the path they’re on is really the right one for them.
Let Doubt Be Your Guide
Extremists of all traditions are blinded by conviction when they have doubts about their faith. If something isn’t right, they blame themselves, not the tradition. They never wonder if maybe the path they’re on isn’t right for them.
But you’re not an extremist, so you can ask the question: ‘Is this path – this religion or magic tradition or belief I’m involved in – right for me or not?’
If you’ve done everything you can to assimilate the principles of your faith, and practiced its rituals properly, but realize that it hasn’t brought you the happiness you’re seeking, or even helped you get closer to achieving it, then it’s time for a change.
Keep an open mind, and explore other traditions and methods of personal development. You may find something that interests you in your research that turns out to be the right path for you, at least for awhile. Your ultimate goal should be to create your own path, one that leads you to happiness, freedom, and serenity. http://Tara-Medium.com
I would like to thank my readers who rushed out to bookstores to read my paranormal book Severed Ties. http://DamnationBooks.com/book.php?isbn=9781615728206 Till Death and Beyond - The bond of love can bring two forbidden opposites together.
Till Death and Beyond opens with a teenage girl named Zoe, inexperienced in witchcraft, in the woods on a Full Moon cast a spell for a love she feels is lost to her. The teenager new to magic, is careless of her words for her desire. The spirit of a maiden witch appears. At first the teenager is afraid of the ghostly figure, and then her curiosity calms her nerves.
The Spirit tells the tale how she and the love of her life were separated by ignorance. Zoe, the teenage girl experiments with magic to reunite the Spirit with her long lost love.
As a direct result of the long hours I spent reading the history of witchcraft my novella Till Death and Beyond was created.
The main conflict in the short read is the Puritans attempting to keep evil from tarnishing their community and the witches strong belief based on the oneness of self an nature. Puritans against the witches. What happened and what it meant.
Historically the Puritans and witches were two very different groups of people with two very different belief systems. Puritan America was based on clear roles between men, women, and God. Witchcraft served as a system of explanations for the ways of nature and a method by which one could gain control over their life. Witches were considered enemies to their God.
Puritans linked witchcraft with the devil and hell because their first responsibility was to serve one God. The Biblical regulative principle of worship and commandments was the puritan blueprint toward that duty. Witchcraft became a crime against the church to rid those who did not dedicate themselves to their faith. They became known as immoral and wicked people even though their faith exsisted long before the Purtian's belief system did.
I had a very specific idea in mind when I wrote Till Death and Beyond a love story between Emery a Puritan and Frye a witch and the petty rivalry connecting the two faith driven neighbors. The main conflict between the Puritans and the witches' belief systems is the the theme of the romantic story. I wanted to tell the important elements that are in the traditions and of the similarities and difference among them. I hope to say to the reader the story isn't strictly romantic; it will have some history. Check out the first chapter
Till Death and Beyond
at http://AngieSkelhorn.com/book-trailer-till-death--beyond.html Read an Author Interviews
at http://BookGoodies.com/?s=Angie+Skelhorn Join me on Face Book - http://Facebook.com/pages/Author-Angie-Skelhorn-Witchskel/106332176093960 Publisher Link -http://Clublighthousepublishing.com/productpage.asp?bNumb=232
People talk about people.
They will say what they will say.
Be someone of substance.
When you refrain from gossip,
you earn trust.
When you don't do the wrong thing,
your problems lessen.
Straighten your actions,
Make good choices for everyone.
When you find out who people are,
Either stay or move on.
Everything that lives,
has competition with every other living thing,
Everything that lives,
seeks or strives for something in opposition to others.
Competing with other living things to reproduce,
All attempts to make more copies of themselves.
When we support -
bear part of the weight,
We avoid competition.
We avoid just living to survive.
(c)2012 Angie Skelhorn
On Remembrance Day, November 11, 2012, Canadians will honor and remember our veterans, and all who served Canada during war, armed conflict and peace.
Whether we wear a poppy, lay a wreath, observe a moment of silence, visit a veteran's graveside, participate in a Remembrance Day Service. Remember them. http://veterans.gc.ca
Let me, oh Spirit Guide, this day
Make someone happy
By what I do
Or what I say
And when my thoughts
To irritation roam
Spirit Guide let me remember
Charity begins at home.
Work with Spirit:
"I ask Spirit Guide to please place the people, things and information I need to know to open up the doors to ____________ . If this is your will, So Shall It Be!" And then keep doing your part toward the goal. A piece at a time comes in that will work for you. Eventually everything starts changing, What is no longer compatible to your aim is removed from your space, and you begin to attract a combination of favouring circumstances. Your 'Free Will' decides what you do with the new opportunities.