Your date of birth is of crucial importance in terms of its astrological
significance, and can reveal many paths and opportunities that help you evolve in life.
It doesn’t matter if you’re reading this on your birthday, or if your birthday is coming up or remains distant. You’ll still be able to put the information you discover about this magic date to very good use.
Each astrological sign is linked to a planetary constellation, which emits positive vibrations for the people born under its influence. That energy can become a great source of progress.
The stellar constellation that corresponds to each astrological sign has a powerful
influence on the people born under it.
The Constellation That Corresponds To Your Astrological Birth Sign
A stellar constellation is a collection of stars visible to the naked eye at night. Joining some of the stars with imaginary lines produces geometric figures which have lent their names to the different signs of the Zodiac.
Western astrology is largely based on knowledge dating back to the ancient Babylonians, as well as to the Egyptians during the time of the pharaohs.
The Zodiac as we know it today is composed of twelve astrological signs, and comes to us from the ancient Greeks.
The word ‘‘Zodiac’’ is derived from the Greek word ‘zodiakos,’ which means circle of
The Zodiac originally had thirteen constellations, including one called Ophiucus (the Snake), but it was removed in the Vth Century B.C.
The modification was made so the astrological zodiac could correspond to the civil calendar, with its 12 months in a year, even though astrological signs don’t start at the beginning of each month.
The dates separating the signs of the Zodiac were determined in accordance with the Sun’s ecliptic, the name given to the Sun’s yearly trajectory as observed from Earth.
The first date in an astrological sign indicates when the Sun enters that sign’s corresponding constellation. The second date indicates when it leaves. If we look at the first sign of the Zodiac – Aries – the Sun enters the constellation of Aries on March 21st, which is the spring equinox, and leaves on the 19th of April.
On April 20th, the Sun enters the constellation of Taurus, which it then leaves on May 20th. On May 21st the Sun enters Gemini, and so on, throughout the entire year.
How To Profit From the Influences of Your Zodiac Sign
To take full advantage of the positive influences the constellation linked to your birth sign can offer you, take a look at the astrological dates at the end of this section.
You benefit naturally from the astral influences generated by your constellation throughout the duration of your sign, and especially on your date of birth.
Say you were born on May 18th, which makes you a Taurus. What that means is that you will benefit from the positive energy generated by the Taurus constellation between April 20th and May 20th.
In concrete terms, that means the stars belonging to the constellation Taurus will favor you between April 20th and May 20th, and will have their strongest impact on you on your birthday, May 18th. How To Advantage of Your Birth Date
To weigh the odds in your favor when trying to attain an important goal, you mustn’t wait for the period of your astrological sign to begin. You need to work at it all year long.
However, if you make a concerted effort to achieve your objective during the period that corresponds to your birth sign, you’ll have an even better chance of succeeding, especially on or near your birthday. * Here’s a reminder of the astrological signs:
Aries (March 21– April 19),
Taurus (April 20 – May 20),
Gemini (May 21 – June 21),
Cancer (June 22 – July 22),
Leo (July 23 – August 22),
Virgo (August 23 – September 22),
Libra (September 23 – October 22),
Scorpio (October 23 – November 21),
Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21),
Capricorn (December 22 – January 19),
Aquarius (January 20 – February 18),
Pisces (February 19 – March 20).
At last! On the Edge, originally published by Club Lighthouse Publishing in May 2010 has been completely revised. Now titled "AT THE EDGE."
This week I posted an exclusive excerpt for my readers to get glimpse of the YA, magic realism, paranormal book. I'm leaving this excerpt up for only a few days, and then will be taking the read down. I'm excited to search for aYA book publisher to discover the best home for the new and improved story.
About the Book "AT THE EDGE," - Real people developing relationships; while Carm is struggling to pick up the pieces after the death of her husband.
Two Quick Questions - 1. How important is it to you to create likeable characters?
I portray the characters inner characteristics and emotions as they struggle with issues of their own. The characters are realistic that the readers will believe. Tough and practical Paige takes command; Roxy under a watchful eye intimidates; always helpful Lizzy goes with the flow and Carm is consumed with sorrow and mental anguish. Gretchen, a witch is a welcome relief from life's pressures. To add support and conflict to the story are Thomas a friend everyone wants to deserve and Philip is certainly not safe to trust.
2. What do you most hope that readers will take away from the book?
In this book I provide a unique insight into the drug world and mysticism – addiction and the belief that direct knowledge of ultimate reality is attainable through intuition and the unseen world. I hope the reader will begin to believe if you change your choices while guided by Spirit you can change your life for the better.
Stop bt http://Witchskel.wordpress.com to read an EXCLUSIVE excerpt. Remember to forward this to your friends...so they too can check it out!
Smile and the world Smiles with you!
Did you know we all have a Protective Tree? It’s a gift to you from Nature, and you can use it to recharge your energy, improve your life, stay in good health, and remain mentally agile to a ripe old age. How? Well, the answer to that question is all the more relevant today, because of our global awareness of the importance of ecology, which has forced us to take another look at our priorities.
You can determine what tree is associated with you personally by using Celtic astrology, and your date-of-birth. Below you’ll find a list of dates, and the trees associated with them. Look for your own special tree, as well as those of your family and friends. It’s fun, especially when you start discovering more about your tree’s special powers.
- Date-of-birth between December 23 and January 1, or between June 25 and July 4. Your protective tree is the Apple.
- Date-of-birth between January 2 and January 11, or between July 5 and 14.
Your protective tree is the Fir.
- Date-of-birth between January 12 and January 24, or between July 15 and July 25. Your protective tree is the Elm.
- Date-of-birth between January 25 and February 3, or between July 26 and August 4. Your protective tree is the Cypress.
- Date-of-birth between February 4 and February 8, May 1 and May 14, or between August 5 to August 13. Your protective tree is the Poplar.
- Date-of-birth between February 9 and February 18, or between August 14 to August 23. Your protective tree is the Cedar.
- Date-of-birth between February 19 and February 28, or between August 24 to September 2. Your protective tree is the Pine.
- Date-of-birth between March 1 and March 10, or between September 3 to September 12. Your protective tree is the White Willow.
- Date-of-birth between March 11 and March 20, or between September 13 to September 22. Your protective tree is the Linden.
- Date-of-birth between March 22 and March 31, or between September 24 to October 3. Your protective tree is the Hazel.
- Date-of-birth between April 1 and April 10, or between October 4 to October 13. Your protective tree is the Sorb.
- Date-of-birth between April 11 and April 20, or between October 14 to October 23. Your protective tree is the Maple.
- Date-of-birth between April 21 and April 30, or between October 24 to November 11. Your protective tree is the Walnut.
- Date-of-birth between May 15 and May 24, or between November 12 to November 21. Your protective tree is the Chestnut.
- Date-of-birth between May 25 and June 3, or between November 22 and December 1. Your protective tree is the Ash.
- Date-of-birth between June 4 and June 13, or between December 2 to December 11. Your protective tree is the Elm.
- Date-of-birth between June 14 and June 23, or between December 12 to December 21. Your protective tree is the Fig.
- Date-of-birth is March 21. Your protective tree is the Oak.
- Date-of-birth is June 24. Your protective tree is the Birch.
- Date-of-birth is September 23. Your protective tree is the Olive.
- Date-of-birth is December 22. Your protective tree is the Beech.
Two important points:
1. These dates are not chronological, but are determined through the application of Celtic astrology and the Celtic calendar, which is different from our own.
2. If your corresponding tree doesn’t grow anywhere near where you live, you don’t need to move! Simply walk through a forest, and find a tree you are particularly drawn to. It may not be ideal, but it will do just fine.
How To Communicate With Your Protective Tree
- When you determine what your Protective Tree is, locate one and walk towards it. Look to see if there are other trees of the same species growing nearby. If so, walk in a circle around them.
- Stand about 50 cm (25 inches) in front of your favorite Protective Tree, which we’ll call your Master Tree. Let your arms hang down by your sides.
- Relax your mind and body as much as possible. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Try to feel the energy of your Master Tree.
- Take a step closer and put your arms around it.
- Keep your eyes closed and your mind open to everything you feel.
- Your mind and body should be completely relaxed.
If they aren’t, wait until it happens, otherwise you won’t benefit from the beneficial purifying powers of your Master Tree.
- The first time you do it, you can just enjoy the feeling of well-being that comes over you, and let your thoughts wander.
- During subsequent contacts, you can ask a specific question, or request that a wish of yours be granted, like becoming rich, regaining your health, finding true love, or whatever else you desire.
- Keep your arms around your Master Tree for as long as you want. The important thing is that you feel relaxed and well.
- When you feel ready, let go of your Master Tree, and thank it for helping make your wishes come true.
Effects of the Ceremony
This powerful Shamanic ritual has been used in many traditions around the world since the dawn of time. It’s bound to yield results, if only to make you feel better and more positive.
What happens next will depend on your attitude. Try to sustain the mental vitality and physical strength the ritual endows you with, and use it to improve your day-to-day life.
Perform this Magic Tree Ceremony regularly, and it will eventually bring you what you seek. The tree won’t grant your wishes, but will attract the energy of Luck you need to make them a reality.http://tara-medium.com
Descending to the physical,
from the spiritual,
from the moment of conception,
the thread of life is given,
to make it what it will.
Individual threads drift steadily,
align for a brief period,
separating, moving on.
lives life ageing,
some longer than others,
the ill and the old pass,
the young come into being,
it all comes full circle,
each ends as it begins.
Fate is dictated by moments, you can neither, expect or control.
The Three Aspects of the Incarnation of Fate,
Clotho, who spins the the thread of life,
Lachesis, who measures them,
Atropos, who cuts them,
and then the soul moves on,
to the Afterlife.
Although no easy task,
The Three Faces of Fate,
the ultimate workers,
the ultimate weavers,
measure the threads of life,
weave the tapestry,
spin the pattern,
determined by interactive compromise,
between positive and negative,
the whole universe balance,
weighing their differences,
to bring harmony,
instead of pitting them against one another in dicord,
to keep the threads orderly.
Pictures taken by me of the Statues at Heart Castle - The Castle in the Sky
Hearst Castle is a National and California Historical Landmark mansion located on the Central Coast of California, United States
Hearst Castle is located near the unincorporated community of San Simeon, California, approximately 250 miles (400 km) from both Los Angeles
and San Francisco
, and 43 miles (69 km) from San Luis Obispo
at the norther end of San Luis Obispo County
. The estate itself is five miles (eight kilometers) inland atop a hill of the Santa Lucia Range
at an altitude of 1,600 feet (490 m). The region is sparsely populated because the Santa Lucia Range abuts the Pacific Ocean
, which provides dramatic seaside vistas but few opportunities for development and hampered transportation. The surrounding countryside visible from the mansion remains largely undeveloped. Its entrance is adjacent to San Simeon State Park
Hearst Castle was built on Rancho Piedra Blanca
that William Randolph Hearst's father, George Hearst
, originally purchased in 1865. The younger Hearst grew fond of this site over many childhood family camping trips. He inherited the ranch, which had grown to 250,000 acres (1,012 km2)
and fourteen miles (21 km) of coastline, from his mother Phoebe Hearst
Although the large ranch already had a Victorian
mansion, the location selected for Hearst Castle was undeveloped, atop a steep hill whose ascent was a dirt path accessible only by foot or on horseback over five miles (8 km) of cutbacks.
Hearst first approached American architect Julia Morgan
with ideas for a new project in April 1915, shortly after he took ownership. Hearst's original idea was to build a bungalow
, according to a draftsman who worked in Morgan's office who recounted Hearst's words from the initial meeting:
"I would like to build something upon the hill at San Simeon. I get tired of going up there and camping in tents. I'm getting a little too old for that. I'd like to get something that would be a little more comfortable."
In the Greek temple of Delphi were written the words of an anonymous Greek writer, "KNOW THYSELF."
To know our own strengths and weakness is perhaps one of the hardest bits of knowledge to aquire, but it is certainly one of the most worthwhile. In it lies a good deal of our own happiness - and that of all those around us.
Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. According to Aeschylus in the prologue of the Eumenides, it had origins in prehistoric times and the worship of Gaia. In the last quarter of the 8th century BC there is a steady increase in artifacts found at the settlement site in Delphi, which was a new, post-Mycenaean settlement of the late 9th century. Pottery and bronze work as well as tripod dedications continue in a steady stream, in comparison to Olympia. Neither the range of objects nor the presence of prestigious dedications proves that Delphi was a focus of attention for a wide range of worshippers, but the large quantity of high value goods, found in no other mainland sanctuary, certainly encourages that view.
Apollo spoke through his oracle: the sibyl or priestess of the oracle at Delphi was known as the Pythia; she had to be an older woman of blameless life chosen from among the peasants of the area. She sat on a tripod seat over an opening in the earth. When Apollo slew Python, its body fell into this fissure, according to legend, and fumes arose from its decomposing body. Intoxicated by the vapors, the sibyl would fall into a trance, allowing Apollo to possess her spirit. In this state she prophesied. It has been postulated that a gas high in ethylene, known to produce violent trances, came out of this opening, though this theory remains debatable. While in a trance the Pythia "raved" – probably a form of ecstatic speech – and her ravings were "translated" by the priests of the temple into elegant hexameters. People consulted the Delphic oracle on everything from important matters of public policy to personal affairs. The oracle could not be consulted during the winter months, for this was traditionally the time when Apollo would live among the Hyperboreans. Dionysus would inhabit the temple during his absence.
H.W. Parke writes that the foundation of Delphi and its oracle took place before recorded history and its origins are obscure, but dating to the worship of the Titan, Gaia.
The Oracle exerted considerable influence throughout the Greek world, and she was consulted before all major undertakings: wars, the founding of colonies, and so forth. She also was respected by the semi-Hellenic countries around the Greek world, such as Lydia, Caria, and even Eygpt. The oracle was also known to the early Romans. Rome's seventh and last king, Lucius Tarquinius Superbus, after witnessing a snake near his palace, sent a delegation including two of his sons to consult the oracle.
List of famous orcular statemenets:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famous_Oracular_Statements_from_Delphi