The blog I refer to in this video is:
I can also be found at the following places:
|IN OUR ONENESS...KNOW THY SELF||
My thoughts on the Wiccan Rede, the Witch's Creed and the concept of harm.
The blog I refer to in this video is:
I can also be found at the following places:
Did you know we all have a Protective Tree? It’s a gift to you from Nature, and you can use it to recharge your energy, improve your life, stay in good health, and remain mentally agile to a ripe old age. How? Well, the answer to that question is all the more relevant today, because of our global awareness of the importance of ecology, which has forced us to take another look at our priorities.
You can determine what tree is associated with you personally by using Celtic astrology, and your date-of-birth. Below you’ll find a list of dates, and the trees associated with them. Look for your own special tree, as well as those of your family and friends. It’s fun, especially when you start discovering more about your tree’s special powers.
- Date-of-birth between December 23 and January 1, or between June 25 and July 4. Your protective tree is the Apple.
- Date-of-birth between January 2 and January 11, or between July 5 and 14.
Your protective tree is the Fir.
- Date-of-birth between January 12 and January 24, or between July 15 and July 25. Your protective tree is the Elm.
- Date-of-birth between January 25 and February 3, or between July 26 and August 4. Your protective tree is the Cypress.
- Date-of-birth between February 4 and February 8, May 1 and May 14, or between August 5 to August 13. Your protective tree is the Poplar.
- Date-of-birth between February 9 and February 18, or between August 14 to August 23. Your protective tree is the Cedar.
- Date-of-birth between February 19 and February 28, or between August 24 to September 2. Your protective tree is the Pine.
- Date-of-birth between March 1 and March 10, or between September 3 to September 12. Your protective tree is the White Willow.
- Date-of-birth between March 11 and March 20, or between September 13 to September 22. Your protective tree is the Linden.
- Date-of-birth between March 22 and March 31, or between September 24 to October 3. Your protective tree is the Hazel.
- Date-of-birth between April 1 and April 10, or between October 4 to October 13. Your protective tree is the Sorb.
- Date-of-birth between April 11 and April 20, or between October 14 to October 23. Your protective tree is the Maple.
- Date-of-birth between April 21 and April 30, or between October 24 to November 11. Your protective tree is the Walnut.
- Date-of-birth between May 15 and May 24, or between November 12 to November 21. Your protective tree is the Chestnut.
- Date-of-birth between May 25 and June 3, or between November 22 and December 1. Your protective tree is the Ash.
- Date-of-birth between June 4 and June 13, or between December 2 to December 11. Your protective tree is the Elm.
- Date-of-birth between June 14 and June 23, or between December 12 to December 21. Your protective tree is the Fig.
- Date-of-birth is March 21. Your protective tree is the Oak.
- Date-of-birth is June 24. Your protective tree is the Birch.
- Date-of-birth is September 23. Your protective tree is the Olive.
- Date-of-birth is December 22. Your protective tree is the Beech.
Two important points:
1. These dates are not chronological, but are determined through the application of Celtic astrology and the Celtic calendar, which is different from our own.
2. If your corresponding tree doesn’t grow anywhere near where you live, you don’t need to move! Simply walk through a forest, and find a tree you are particularly drawn to. It may not be ideal, but it will do just fine.
How To Communicate With Your Protective Tree
- When you determine what your Protective Tree is, locate one and walk towards it. Look to see if there are other trees of the same species growing nearby. If so, walk in a circle around them.
- Stand about 50 cm (25 inches) in front of your favorite Protective Tree, which we’ll call your Master Tree. Let your arms hang down by your sides.
- Relax your mind and body as much as possible. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Try to feel the energy of your Master Tree.
- Take a step closer and put your arms around it.
- Keep your eyes closed and your mind open to everything you feel.
- Your mind and body should be completely relaxed.
If they aren’t, wait until it happens, otherwise you won’t benefit from the beneficial purifying powers of your Master Tree.
- The first time you do it, you can just enjoy the feeling of well-being that comes over you, and let your thoughts wander.
- During subsequent contacts, you can ask a specific question, or request that a wish of yours be granted, like becoming rich, regaining your health, finding true love, or whatever else you desire.
- Keep your arms around your Master Tree for as long as you want. The important thing is that you feel relaxed and well.
- When you feel ready, let go of your Master Tree, and thank it for helping make your wishes come true.
Effects of the Ceremony
This powerful Shamanic ritual has been used in many traditions around the world since the dawn of time. It’s bound to yield results, if only to make you feel better and more positive.
What happens next will depend on your attitude. Try to sustain the mental vitality and physical strength the ritual endows you with, and use it to improve your day-to-day life.
Perform this Magic Tree Ceremony regularly, and it will eventually bring you what you seek. The tree won’t grant your wishes, but will attract the energy of Luck you need to make them a reality.
I am a Guest at Writerly Wednesday. Please drop by, leave a comment.
Remember to forward this link to your friends...so they too can check it out!
Smile, brightened someone's day & made the world a better place!
About the book:
By the use of divination and magic, some ties can never be severed.
The Law of Power -
1. The power shall not be used to bring harm, to injure or control others. But if the need rises, the Power shall be used to protect your life or the lives of others.
2. The Power is used only as dictates.
3. The Power can be used for your own gain, as long as by doing so you harm none.
4. It is unwise to accept money for your use of the Power, for it quickly controls the taker. Be not as those of other faiths.
5. Use not the Power for prideful gain, for such cheapens the mysteries of Witchcraft and Magic.
6. Ever remember that the Power is the sacred gift of the Goddess and God, and should never be misused or abused.
7. And this is the Law of the Power.
Energy flows where your intention goes, is the basic premise of magic. What you send out will return to you 3x3, so mote it be. What goes out comes back. By being generous you open yourself to accepting generosity into your life. That doesn't mean you need to suffer with fools glady.
Thirteen Goals of a Witch
1. Know Yourself
2. Know your Craft
4. Apply knowledge and wisdom
5. Achieve balance
6. Keep your words in good order
7. Keep your thoughts in good order
8. Celebrate life
9. Attune with the cycles of the Earth
10. Breathe and eat correctly
11. Exercise the body
13. Honor the feminine and masculine
Blessed Be My Feet,
Which Takes Me On My Path,
Blessed Be My Knees,
Which Support Me Before You,
Blessed Be My Womb,
Without I Would Not Be,
Blessed Be My Lips
Which Speak Their Sacred Name,
Blessed be My Brain
To hold The Knowledge.
I would like to thank my readers who rushed out to bookstores to read my paranormal book Severed Ties.
Till Death and Beyond - The bond of love can bring two forbidden opposites together.
Till Death and Beyond opens with a teenage girl named Zoe, inexperienced in witchcraft, in the woods on a Full Moon cast a spell for a love she feels is lost to her. The teenager new to magic, is careless of her words for her desire. The spirit of a maiden witch appears. At first the teenager is afraid of the ghostly figure, and then her curiosity calms her nerves.
The Spirit tells the tale how she and the love of her life were separated by ignorance. Zoe, the teenage girl experiments with magic to reunite the Spirit with her long lost love.
As a direct result of the long hours I spent reading the history of witchcraft my novella Till Death and Beyond was created.
The main conflict in the short read is the Puritans attempting to keep evil from tarnishing their community and the witches strong belief based on the oneness of self an nature. Puritans against the witches. What happened and what it meant.
Historically the Puritans and witches were two very different groups of people with two very different belief systems. Puritan America was based on clear roles between men, women, and God. Witchcraft served as a system of explanations for the ways of nature and a method by which one could gain control over their life. Witches were considered enemies to their God.
Puritans linked witchcraft with the devil and hell because their first responsibility was to serve one God. The Biblical regulative principle of worship and commandments was the puritan blueprint toward that duty. Witchcraft became a crime against the church to rid those who did not dedicate themselves to their faith. They became known as immoral and wicked people even though their faith exsisted long before the Purtian's belief system did.
I had a very specific idea in mind when I wrote Till Death and Beyond a love story between Emery a Puritan and Frye a witch and the petty rivalry connecting the two faith driven neighbors. The main conflict between the Puritans and the witches' belief systems is the the theme of the romantic story. I wanted to tell the important elements that are in the traditions and of the similarities and difference among them. I hope to say to the reader the story isn't strictly romantic; it will have some history.
Check out the first chapter Till Death and Beyond
Read an Author Interviews at http://BookGoodies.com/?s=Angie+Skelhorn
Join me on Face Book - http://Facebook.com/pages/Author-Angie-Skelhorn-Witchskel/106332176093960
Publisher Link -http://Clublighthousepublishing.com/productpage.asp?bNumb=232
February 2nd is known as Imbloc. The day marks the beginning of the Time of
Dawning (Feb.1-April 30). Daylight hours are gradually lengthening. The light
from the Sun begins to grow in power until fully born again at Beltane, May 1st.
Imbloc, Feburary 2nd, we welcome the first stirrings of spring, and to say farewell to the cold and welcome the warmth. The day's focus is to open our mind, soul, heart, and body to the changing season, to connect with the waxing solar year. The things in life that we all wish for: financial security; a trusting, loving partner; and true peace of mind knowing that you are living the life you were meant to lead.
Sometimes we all feel a little lost. We feel that we can move mountains and we use all our energy and enthusiasm to do so. But a few moments later we feel that our efforts will be vain. This is one of the hard facts of life:" Nothing is for granted". You shouldn't let that refrain you from trying to makes things change for the better around you.
On the eve of Imbloc sweep away the negative vibe from each room of your home, then rest the broom at the side of your alter. Carry a brown colored candle through each room and say a few words to banish negative energy; to attract and encourage good. Imbloc translates as "in milk". Add a drink of milk in ritual. The day of, outside pay close attention to the snow covered ground for a bird's feather that would foretell what the future would be.
People talk about people.
They will say what they will say.
Be someone of substance.
When you refrain from gossip,
you earn trust.
When you don't do the wrong thing,
your problems lessen.
Straighten your actions,
Make good choices for everyone.
When you find out who people are,
Either stay or move on.
Everything that lives,
has competition with every other living thing,
Everything that lives,
seeks or strives for something in opposition to others.
Competing with other living things to reproduce,
All attempts to make more copies of themselves.
When we support -
bear part of the weight,
We avoid competition.
We avoid just living to survive.
(c)2012 Angie Skelhorn
Over the weekend, the Full Moon in Aries suggests that you may take a take-charge approach, sometimes brusque. You may seek to break apart from others and experience self. If you take a risk, make sure you know where it might lead.
Get ready for the Harvest Full Moon. What you sow, you will reap! By your will, So Mote it be.
Mystic - from the Greek mystikos or "intiated person." A believer in mysticism.
Mysticism - the belief in intuitive spiritual revelation the objective of which is union with the divine. This mystical union is achieved through intuition, faith, ecstasy, or sudden insight rather than through rational thought.
Mysticism is sometimes considered a more passive approach to the divine, as opposed to magic, which is more active. True theurgist must be both mystic and magician.
The Magician - It represents the union and balance of the elemental powers controlled by the mind. The Magician, is reflected in the Intellect which stores, gathers up knowledge and pours it into the House of Life.
Theurgy - "God-worker" A magician. One who preforms Theurgy.
Theurgy - Greek word meaning "God-working." Magic used for personal growth, spiritual evelution, and for becoming closer to the Divine. The type of magic advocated by thr Golden Dawn.
Magic - deprived from the Greek mageia the science and religion of the priests of Zoroaster. The art of causing change to occur in one's environment and one's consciousness.
Willpower, imagination, intention, and te use of symbols and correspondences play a major role in this art.